If you’ve been charged with an alcohol-related offense, there are a few steps you should take to get the best possible results. First, find an experienced attorney to help guide you through the complex criminal process. Second, demonstrate remorse by quickly completing SATOP and volunteering some time at a local non-profit organization. Third, and most importantly, learn from your mistake. Stay out of trouble while your DWI is pending or while you are on probation.